Miller’s Heritage Landscape is looking to fill the following 2 positions: The Horticultural Chemical Applicator is responsible for applying a broad range of chemicals under the direction of the company. The use of these chemicals is primarily for governmental and commercial & residential properties. The successful candidates should have working knowledge of application rates, hazard potentials as well as insect and fungal control methods, fertilization rates, growth retardants, and selective herbicides, and shall comply with all policies/restrictions. The individual must have a commercial pesticide applicators license and comply with all State of Missouri and Kansas regulations. The candidates must be individuals that can be a self-starters and have the ability to work alone. The successful candidates must have the ability to effectively oversee multiple properties and exercise good judgment under minimal supervision.
Knowledge and Experience
- This position requires at least an associate degree in IPM or 3 years of experience specializing in the use of chemicals and biological methods for pest management.
- Candidates must have the ability to read and write English.
- The prospective employee shall have basic understanding for the theory and practices of controlling insects, diseases, fugal and weed infestations.
- The candidates should possess strong oral skills, math skills, job planning skills and mechanical knowledge are a must.
- We offer Health & Dental Care benefits.
Certifications and Licenses Required
- This position requires that the individuals possess the following certification and licenses:
- Missouri Department of Agriculture Commercial Applicators License
- Valid Missouri Class E driver’s license with a good driving record. CDL a big + Valid Green Card or Social Security Card.